CITY OF BUFFALO
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2019
PUBLIC HEARING FOR 19-20 BUDGET
PUBLIC HEARING ON PROPERTIES FOR CLEANUP,
REGARDING ORDINANCE VIOLATION AND
REMEDY BY CITY OF BUFFALO
REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING
BUFFALO CITY HALL, 812 N. BUFFALO AVENUE
The City Council may meet in Closed Session regarding any item on this agenda if necessary, as permitted by Subchapter D of Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code.
6:00 PM – PUBLIC HEARING ON THE 2019-20 BUDGET
PUBLIC HEARING ON PROPERTIES FOR CLEANUP, REGARDING ORDINANCE VIOLATION AND REMEDY BY CITY OF BUFFALO
REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING, FOLLOWING
- CALL TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE AND INVOCATION
- PUBLIC COMMENTS, RECOGNITIONS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
- DEPARTMENT REPORTS – POLICE AND MUNICIPAL COURT DEPARTMENTS
- CONSENT ITEMS – Consider Financials, Tax Collections, Accounts Payable, Minutes
- NEW BUSINESS
- Consider action regarding ordinance violation on properties for cleanup:
- Abandoned mobile home
- Dilapidated house
- No utilities to mobile home for over 6 months
- Consider selling two lots in Forest Knoll
- Consider approving purchase of 13.358 acres adjacent to city waste water facility and authorizing Mayor to sign real estate contract for the purchase of said acres.
- Consider adoption of the City Comprehensive Plan
- Consider Final Budget for 2018-19 fiscal year
- Consider adoption of the 2019-20 fiscal year Budget, with Record Vote and Ordinance
- Consider Resolution to Ratify the Property Tax Increase
- Consider Adoption of 2019 Property Tax Rate, with Record Vote, on:
M&O Rate, Debt Rate, Total Rate and Ordinance
- Consider Holidays for 19-20 fiscal year
- Consider CLOSED SESSION
Council will go into Closed Session pursuant to Section 551.071 to consult with attorney to receive legal advice, Section 551.074 regarding personnel matters.
- Deliberate the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline or dismissal of Police Chief
- RECONVENE INTO REGULAR SESSION
- Consider any action necessary regarding appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline or dismissal of Police Chief
- COUNCIL COMMENTS
- MAYOR COMMENTS
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify that this notice of meeting of the governing body of the City of Buffalo, is a true and correct copy and that it was posted on the bulletin board at the Buffalo City Administration Office at 812 N. Buffalo Avenue, Buffalo, Texas. This bulletin board is convenient and accessible to the general public, in the lobby of the front office. The notice was posted on August 20, 2019 at 4:00 PM and will remain continuously posted for at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of meeting and at buffalotex.com.
Jerrod Jones, Mayor Date
The City of Buffalo is committed to compliance with the Americans with disabilities Act (ADA).
Reasonable accommodation and equal access to communications will be provided to those who provide notice to the City Secretary at 903 322-4741 at least 48 hours in advance.