A Budget Workshop will be held at 6:00 PM on August 22, 2016 at the Buffalo Senior Center.
A Regular Meeting of the governing body of the City of Buffalo, will begin at 7:00 PM on August 22, 2016, at the Buffalo Senior Center, located at 941 N. Hill Street at the back of the Civic Center.
I do hereby certify that this notice of meeting of the governing body of the City of Buffalo, is a true original notice. It was posted on the outside bulletin board at Buffalo City Hall, 144 Avant Street, Buffalo, Texas, which is convenient and readily accessible to the general public at all times, on 19 August, 2016. This notice has remained posted, continuously for at least 72 hours preceding the scheduled time of meeting and at buffalotex.com. Debbie Waters, City Secretary; 08/19/16; 3:00 PM
The City Council may meet in Closed Session regarding any item on this agenda if necessary, as permitted by Subchapter D of Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code.
Mayor approval: ______________________________
6:00 PM – Budget Workshop 7:00 PM – Open meeting, Pledge of Allegiance, Prayer Public Comments Old Business Discuss and Act Upon: 1. Alcohol Beverage Permit Ordinance New Business Discuss and Act Upon:
- Streets for maintenance and repair
- Planning Commission – Housler
- Land Acquisition and New Building – Housler
- Set 2016 Proposed maximum Property Tax Rate/s (M&O, Debt, Total Tax Rates)
- Set Public Hearing Dates on Proposed maximum Property Tax Rate, if the Proposed Tax Rate is higher than the lower of the Effective Tax Rate or the Rollback Rate
- Notice of 2016 Proposed Property Tax Rate, setting Public Hearing dates (50-819 Comptroller),if Proposed Tax Rate is higher than the lower of the Effective Tax Rate or the Rollback Rate
- Set date that Council will adopt the 2016-17 Budget and 2016 Property Tax Rate/s
- Police Department Report
- Consent Items (Minutes, Municipal Court Report, Financials, Tax Collection Report)
- Council comments
- Mayor update